Welcome to this joint broadcast from Jisc‘s Trust and Identity and Security Services teams!
What’s the score?
In the new year, we will be changing the way you access the following services, making it easier for you to manage your existing subscriptions:
- Domain registry service (DRS)
- Primary nameserver service (PNS)
We’re adding these services to the new Cyber Security Portal. Creating an easy one-stop shop for managing your cyber security and domain services from Jisc.
Access to Jisc’s DRS and PNS is due to go live around February/March 2022, so we’re keen to get you signed up to the new portal now, to ensure a smooth transition.
The sign-up process is very simple, and only takes a couple of minutes to complete. However we do have a manual approval process, which means access won’t be instantly granted upon sign up. This is one of the reasons we don’t recommend leaving it to the last minute to sign up!
How to sign up to the Cyber Security Portal
- If you use DRS – your email will need to be registered with the existing DRS portal before you can apply. If you’re not currently registered – please ask a user from your organisation to contact email@example.com to register for you
- If you use PNS– you will need to be an authorised service contact and also have a Cyber Security Portal account, for us to set you up. If you’re not currently an authorised PNS contact – please ask a registered security/security services contact from your organisation to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to cybersecurity.jisc.ac.uk and request access
- Relax, we’ll keep you posted! After signing up to the Portal, please continue to use your existing access to the services and we will let you know when access to the new Cyber Security Portal is ready
A few extra things we should note…
The Portal requires an individual email address and is unable to accept a group email address. We know it’s a pain but it’s important for security purposes so we are unable to change this policy.
And finally, as mentioned, each new user request needs to be manually verified so access will not be immediate, but we’ll get you up and running as quickly as we can. This is one of the reasons we’re keen to make sure you’ve signed up in good time. Please make sure to avoid disruption if you can!
If you have any questions about this process – please contact us via email@example.com or get in touch with your Jisc account manager. We’re always happy to help.